Register Online HERE
Registration for swim lessons always starts on the 15th of the month prior to the group lesson starting. For example, if swim lessons start in November, registration will be begin on October 15.
Please review our brochure, located in our download section, for a more detailed class descriptions and prerequisites.
Private Swim Lessons
Looking for a more individualized approach? We offer private lessons for ages three to adult. All lessons are 30 minutes long and are available at varying days and times. Please contact the Aquatics Manager for more details or to schedule a private lesson.
- $20 per 30-minute session (active duty)
- $30 per 30-minute session (dep/DOD civilian)
- Active Duty: $120 for 8-30 minute sessions
- Dependents/DOD Civilian: $180 for 8-30 minute sessions
Swim Skill Evaluations
For children who have had lessons but are new to our program we offer free skill evaluations. An instructor will provide an assessment based on the skills your child is able to perform. The instructor will provide you with a recommended level to register your child. Please contact the aquatics manager to schedule an assessment.
Youth Group Swim Lessons
Our swim lesson program is broken into age-appropriate, skills-based learning sessions.
- Ages 6-18 months begin in our Star Babies and Star Tots levels, which are parent assisted classes utilized to get youth acclimated to the water.
- Ages 3 and older take part in our Starfish Swim and Stroke Schools. In Starfish Swim School, participants learn the foundational skills to remain safe in and around the water. Clownfish, Pufferfish and Sea Turtles classes are separated into two age groups: Preschool 3-5 year olds and School-age 6-12 year olds. In Starfish Stroke School (ages 5 – 12 year olds), students refine their strokes and start preparing to join the swim team while building endurance in the four competitive strokes.
Swim Team Prep
Ages 8 – 17 year olds, 60-minute class, two days per week
The main focus is stroke refinement, preparation for competitive aquatic sports like swim team, diving, water polo, and preparation for lifeguarding. Swim drills and conditioning will be the main focus of this course. More advanced drills will be introduced to build strength, endurance, and confidence. Students will learn how to utilize pace clocks and other equipment to improve speed and technique.
Successfully completed the Barracudas Swim Course and able to swim 100 meters continuously using breaststroke, butterfly, back stroke and freestyle with either open or flip turns to change directions.
Adult Group Swim Lessons
LEARNING THE BASICS-LEVEL 1(Adult Only)
Learn the basic skills to achieve a minimum level of water competency. In this course, participants strive for skill and stroke performance focusing on breath control, submerging, floating and learning the basics of front crawl and elementary backstroke.
IMPROVING SKILLS & SWIMMING STOKES-LEVEL 2 (Adult Only)
Improve foundation skills and swimming strokes to gain an overall level of comfort in the water. In this course, participants will work on increasing technique and endurance in front crawl & elementary backstroke, while side stroke, breaststroke and backstroke will be introduced
Second Class Swim Qualification Lessons
Are you needing to work on your swim strokes in order to pass the Second Class Swim Qualification? Monthly free classes are offered where testing candidates will work on their endurance, conditioning, technique and overall stroke performance. The program is 4 weeks long and each week focuses on a different stroke. These classes are free! For Active Duty Only. Pre-registration is required.
- Star Babies/Star Tots: $40 (4 classes per session)
- Starfish Swim School: $50 per session (8 classes per session)
- Starfish Stroke School: $65 per session (8 classes per session)
- Swim Team Prep: $80 per session (8 classes per session)
- Adult Lessons: $65 per session (8 classes per session)
REFUNDS & MAKE UP LESSONS
Make-up classes will only be offered if the facility cancels a class. Refunds and/or make-ups will not be given for missed classes on behalf of the participant. If you would like to request a refund for a swim lesson after registering for a swim lesson you must request the refund 1 week prior to the start date of the class. Refunds will not be issued after this time.